Volunteering takes up our time, energy, and sometimes, money. Why Should I Do It?
Volunteering is good for OUR COMMUNITY
The world is not a perfect place, and communities need help. This is why people become volunteers: because they can make a
difference. When we volunteer our time, money, or talents, we help make our community a better, happier home where people work together.
Volunteering is good for YOU
Are you thinking, "What's in it for me?", The answer is, plenty! Here are some of the things you might get in return for your giving:
- Meeting people, making new friends & connections
- Gaining important skills and experience
- Seeing more of your community
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Feeling needed and important
- Feeling satisfaction at getting things done & helping others
- Using your mind, body, and creativity
- Getting active and healthier by relieving stress & fighting boredom
- Spending time doing what you really care about
- Feeling like you're part of a community
- Having fun!
Volunteering is good for YOUR CHILDREN
Children emulate their parents. Set the example that they can learn to live their lives by. Your children can get the same
benefits from volunteering as you. What would make you prouder than to see your children giving selflessly to the community?
And wouldn't your children be proud that you are making their community a better place?
Hey... it looks like being a volunteer gives as much good stuff to you as it does to the community! That's the secret of
volunteering. People who become volunteers usually lead richer, happier, and more satisfying lives than those who
Get involved - call us at the Pride office, 603-464-2953 or email